Invisalign Versus Metal Braces? It’s a No-Brainer
It’s not a fair comparison. There’s just so many reasons to choose Invisalign over old-fashioned metal braces that I almost feel sorry for the braces. Until I remember what a hassle metal braces can be.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a revolutionary new technology that eliminates so many of the negative aspects of tradition metal braces. Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, so most people won’t even notice that you’re wearing them. They never require tightening, so your dental visits are quick and easy.
And you can remove your Invisalign aligners at any time. You take them out for eating, which means you’ll never have to worry about food getting stuck in them like you would with metal braces.
7 Reasons Why Invisalign is Superior to Old-Fashioned Braces
- They’re easy to remove when you need to eat or to brush and floss your teeth.
- They’re practically invisible so you never have to hide your smile.
- They’re less painful than regular braces.
- You can temporarily remove them for special occasions.
- They never need tightening, so your dental visits are short and sweet.
- You can eat whatever you want. Food won’t get caught in your Invisalign braces because you can remove them every time you eat.
- There’s no unsightly and uncomfortable metal wires in your mouth.
- They’re much better for oral hygiene; traditional metal braces make it difficult to brush and floss your entire mouth. This inhibits good dental hygiene and it can cause damage to your teeth, gums, and jawbone.
Traditional Metal Braces are Painful, Unsightly, and Inconvenient
Wire braces are no fun. They limit what you can eat and they require constant visits to the orthodontist for painful “tightening” (yes, it’s as fun as it sounds). And wire braces complicate oral hygiene by making brushing and flossing more difficult. This results in increased incidents of tooth decay and gum disease.